Controlled Wood Policy
As a general Company principle, YONGA is committed to conduct all its’ operations responsibly. A major facet of this responsibility is the utilization of only sustainable raw materials. Therefore, YONGA procurement policies are intended to avoid sourcing raw materials from the following six risk areas :
- Illegally harvested wood;
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Wood harvested from forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- Wood harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non-forest use; and
- Wood harvested from forests where genetically modified trees are planted.
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
The reigning Laws of Turkey regulating the protection of Forests and the utilization of Forest Products are established to ensure that these risks are eliminated. YONGA commits to due diligence in the application of these Laws. Where in spite of this, a degree of risk exists, YONGA undertakes to implement Company Policies and Procedures to ensure that these risks are eliminated.
Integrated Management System Policy
- While providing safe and healthy working conditions in accordance with laws,regulations and related standards to prevent work-related injury and health deterioration and fulfilling the applicable conditions preventing pollution and safeguarding the environment to carry out our manufacturing operation ensuring customer satisfaction in a global competitive environment with reasonable prices, desired quality and timely delivery principles.
- By following developing technologies closely, the basis of our success is to ensure the consultation and participation of employees and employee representatives, to train continuously in this direction, to participate in our pursuit of quality with their ideas and to improve our management system, including increasing our production technology and environmental performance.